Delta First Class- Cabins, Upgrade Options and Inflight Amenities
Comfort is proportional but not bound to luxury in air travel. However, the more luxurious your flight is, the merrier the comfort. If you are a Delta passenger and you always choose their Main Cabin seats, it’s time you take a look at their first-class option. For most domestic flights and some international short-haul routes, you will find a Delta Airlines First-Class cabin. This special cabin offers customers exceptional benefits to every passenger as one of the superior options. Let’s look at this option more closely in the subsections below!
Does Delta Have a First Class Like Other Airlines?
Yes, as mentioned already, Delta does offer a first-class cabin; however, unlike other carriers, Delta does not offer it on all major international routes. You can find this premium cabin experience on flights originating from the USA or Canada (mainly domestic flights).
However, apart from this, Delta Airlines First Class contains all the options you have in any other premium cabin, with extended benefits. In short, it is the only lower-end product available on domestic or short-haul routes.
How Do I Book a Delta First Class Ticket?
Booking a Delta Airlines First Class fare is simple. You can visit their website or consult a Delta Customer service representative to request your booking. Let’s get into the step-by-step process of booking your flights:
- Log in to the official Delta website.
- Enter the Booking tab and provide details.
- Choose Departure and Destination.
- Select your preferred travel dates.
- Provide the number of passengers.
- Choose your travel class as First.
- Select whether you want a 100% refundable option or not.
- Confirm everything and provide passenger details.
- Pay for the flight.
The airline has refundable and nonrefundable first class as it is for domestic flights only. So, you can choose an option depending on your requirements and travel plans. After confirming your payments, Delta will send you a confirmation email to your registered ID.
Other Ways to Book Your First-Class Tickets
- You can also call Delta Customer Service at +1-855-239-7772 (OTA) or 1-800-221-1212 to book tickets in first-class cabins. Take help from an airline executive and confirm your reservations with the airline.
- Another way is to visit the Delta Airlines Airport desk directly to request a first-class booking from their booking agents.
Can I Upgrade an Existing Booking to Delta First Class?
Yes, you can. Delta Airlines also allows customers to upgrade their Main Cabin or Comfort+ tickets to First class or higher cabins. If you wish to upgrade your seats to first class, you can use cash or Mileage rewards depending on your needs. Let’s see what are the different ways to upgrade your seats to First Class:
Upgrade During Booking
For eligible flights within the 50 USA States, you can request an upgrade while you are making Delta reservations online or through its mobile app. If your booking is eligible for upgrades, you can find the option in your trip summary under the My Trips section. (Basic Economy Tickets are not eligible for upgrades while booking)
Upgrade Via Manage Booking
You can even upgrade your existing Delta Airlines flight via the manage booking service. You can use your skymiles balance or cash to upgrade an existing Delta flight under My Trips.
Upgrade with Miles
Delta Medallion Members and One Travel Companions are usually eligible for unlimited upgrades to Delta First Class and Comfort+ free of cost. However, you can also use your accumulated miles balance to choose to upgrade your seats.
Call the Delta Reservations team to get additional help in upgrading seats on Delta Airlines flights.
Note: Delta First Class and Delta One are distinct, and you must not confuse them as one.
What Do I Get on a Delta First Class?
To be precise, a Delta First Class Cabin offers you premium services and amenities that you do not find anywhere else. You can choose this product and enjoy the following:
- Wider and More Spacious Seats
- Flight Change or Cancellation flexibility
- SkyPriority Service
These are just a small part of the benefits you can get when booking first-class seats with the airline. You can make a Delta Airlines booking and experience them yourself rather than read about them.
How is the Delta First Class Experience?
Those who have flown Delta First Class on its different planes vouch that this class is nothing sort of ordinary. You can experience premium air travel in their carefully designed fleet. Although the first-class cabins on many planes are more than six years old, they still look as good as new. So, your overall experience is going to be a great one. Let’s show you in detail how!
Airport Experience with First-Class Delta Tickets
Flying first-class means the good things begin even before you board a Delta plane. You get benefits like:
Sky Priority Service
This benefit allows passengers to enjoy an accelerated check-in process and a speedy security check. In simple terms, they reach the gate faster than other customers. There is a dedicated Sky Priority lane for passengers with first-class Delta bookings.
Similar to the check-in and security, you can also expedite the baggage service. You can check and retain your baggage first. The airline also allows two free checked bags to each first-class customer.
You can board first with your ticket and have enough time to settle in your seat as others wait to board the plane. This helps you make the most of your first-class experience with Delta.
You can get access to Delta Sky Lounge wherever available with your international booking in first class. There are plenty of complimentary drinks and snack options also available.
What Do You Get Onboard?
Once you are on the plane, you are up for some real fun. Here are the details of onboard amenities with your reservations in first class:
- It has spacious seating with 8 inches of extra legroom compared to the main cabin seating.
- There is up to a 5.4-inch recline on each seat and comfortable armrests.
- An 11-inch screen on many routes to enjoy free entertainment and complimentary earbuds for 1000+ hours of your favorite shows from the seatback screen.
- A dedicated flight attendant will give you personalized assistance.
- Seasonal food and beverages based on flight distance
- 900 miles or below Premium snacks and beverages
- 900-2299 miles: chef-made breakfast, lunch, or dinner in addition to snacks.
- 2300+ miles- Fresh Meal Service the whole day with premium snacks.
- Free Wi-Fi access on almost all the planes.
- A premium drink menu specially made for first-class customers on Delta Airlines.
So, no matter whether you fly for fun or business, you can enjoy all these amenities for a first-class ticket fare on Delta Airlines. Are you eager to plan your vacation yet? Try booking your tickets now!
So, to keep the Luxury and Comfort, you must choose Delta First Class seats. You can book your tickets directly or upgrade the seats now. Remember to request them before check-in, and you can get the maximum benefits.