There are different seats in a flight, and every seat has a story, as people share their experiences while traveling in the cabin. It’s up to you and your budget, which seat you want to choose and testify its experience for others. The Delta Airlines seat selection process isn’t tedious and unlocks many offers as you choose your preferred seats accordingly. Numerous options are there to choose from and every option fits your budget and comfort conveniently.
What Are the Seat Categories to Select in Delta Airlines?
Make your choice according to your mood and budget, as you can be picky while selecting your seats at Delta. Given below are the seat categories to choose from while going for a Delta reservation:
- Basic Economy: Basic economy seats are the toughest when it comes to restrictions. As they are assigned to you on the spot and you don’t have many options, except the legroom at emergency exit seats.
- Main Cabin: The main cabin is the regular economy seats, that have an option of seat selection according to your choice. You can choose from two options i.e. preferred seats or comfort plus.
- Premium Select: It is Delta’s version of premium economy, that has wider and more comfortable seats. A better reclining option with extra leg room for your aristocracy is provided.
- Delta One and First class: The passengers choosing delta one and first class have the option to select any seat of their choice in the cabin. The category contains exclusive food options, extra spacious seats, and a full-length reclining option to comfort your posture accordingly. The cabin is also served with drinks and alcohol if you are traveling on long-haul and international destinations.
The mentioned Delta Airlines seating options come along with some terms and conditions. The seat availability also depends on the flight routes and destinations that you cover.
How to pick seats on Delta flights after check-in?
At times, people decide to select the seat of their choice once they complete the check-in process. Most flyers start worrying when they decide to do so.
However, Delta Airlines have set up a simple and hassle-free procedure for it. By following the step-by-step guide, seats of your choice can be picked up by the airline.
The set of steps to be followed are as follows-
- Head to the official site of Delta Airlines.
- Use your credentials to log in to your account.
- Furthermore, tap on the option of “check-in” available on the homepage of the site.
- Now, fill in your booking confirmation number, Skymiles number, ticket number, or credit card number in addition to the origin airport.
- Once the correct information is entered, your booking will appear on the screen.
- Go ahead to follow the prompts in order to finish your check-in procedure.
- As soon as you reach the seat selection page, you will be able to choose the seat of your choice.
- Confirm the seats that you have selected.
- Lastly, the airline will send you the confirmation about your seat selection through the mail.
When Can I Select Seats on Delta Airlines Flights?
Delta Airlines allows you to book your seats while booking, after you have booked your seats, and even at check-in. However, which seat is available for selection depends. Here are some of the details:
|Type of Seats||During Booking||After Booking||While Check-in||Available for Upgrade|
|Basic Economy||Not available for selection||Can’t choose||Only after check-in||Direct bookings only|
|Main Cabin||Yes||Yes||Allowed if available||Can upgrade if eligible|
|Premium Select||Yes||Yes||Yes||From Main cabin or basic economy|
|Delta One or First Class||Yes||Yes||Available||From any lower cabin|
|Preferred seats||Within US and Canada(not with basic economy||Yes||Yes, but at least 4 hours before the departure||You can not upgrade to these seats|
Remember that once you have picked a seat, you can not change them as you like. Also, preferred seats have many restrictions, so check with your airline agent or on the official website to see if you can select your desired seating options or not. For more details, call Delta seat selection phone number and connect with the experts.
Can I Select My Seats on Delta Airlines For Free?
As discussed earlier, there are different seat categories and for some, you have to pay Delta airlines seat selection fees. This is applicable if you choose according to your preference. But if you upgrade or select the first class or delta one seats then you have an option, where you can pick the seat according to your comfort and budget. The Delta Airlines seat selection process is done by fulfilling your needs, but the charges for booking your seats may vary according to the flight you are taking. If you face any queries regarding seat selection, you can also call on 855-239-7772 to find quick flight assistance
What are the effective steps to select seats on Delta?
Delta Airlines is a customer-friendly airline, its prime purpose is to serve comfort and luxurious flight experiences. The Delta Airlines Seat Selection Policy allows customers to pick their preferable seats, even seven days before the travel date.
You can follow the below steps, to choose your seats, or visit the official Delta Airlines website to call or email a Delta representative for assistance:
- Open your desired browser.
- Visit the Delta Airlines official website
- Click on ‘My Trip’ on the home page
- Now fill in your details correctly as per the needs
- Proceed by clicking on the red button given on the right
- Now click on the ‘select seat’ option
- Go through the available seats of your choice and select them.
- Confirm your seats according to your requirement and compliance.
- Make the needful payment by following the process given on the site and confirming your tickets.
Seat selection with Delta during the booking
In addition to selecting the seat after the booking or after check-in, another time to do so is during the booking.
Furthermore, the procedure is not time taking, and thus travelers can complete it in a few minutes.
Keep reading and find out the steps for selecting the seat during the reservation-
- Start by opening the official site of Delta Airlines or simply enter www. Delta.com
- Click on the “my trips” option mentioned on the top of the homepage and then tap on it.
- Enter your username and password to complete the login successfully.
- Once your booking appears, you will be able to select the seat.
- Click on Select seat preference and then go ahead to select the seat that suits your travel plans.
You are now a Delta Flyer, and you enjoy your cozy space with all the luxuries of the cabin.
Can you select seats on Delta main cabin?
Yes, passengers can choose their seats in the main cabin with Delta Airlines. The main cabin customers get more control over their bookings. They can have flexibility in making flight changes or managing tickets, as well as they can also select seats in advance. The seat selection on Delta Airlines main cabin is available for free with your booking, and you can also use manage booking to select seats for free later.
Does Delta Assign Seats at the Gate?
Usually, seats get assigned at check-in. If, by any means, you do not select a seat, and there is not a seat number on your boarding pass, you get a Delta seat selection at the boarding gate. There are various reasons for this which can be:
- Change of Aircraft
- Technical Error
- Overbooked Flights
- Emergency Exit Row occupied by unqualified passengers
Remember to check with a Delta Customer service agent before you select seats for your particular flights.
How can I Enquire About My Seat Confirmation on Delta?
A Delta Airlines official is fully eligible to offer fast turnaround and affirmative solutions for your complex flight queries. Whether it is a new Delta airlines booking or a seat selection, you can be relaxed in every situation with Delta, as they provide you with the utmost luxury and safety on your flight. You can enquire about your Delta Airlines seat selection status, by calling on the official customer service number i.e 1 (800) 221-1212. Or Visit the official website to learn more about the seat selection procedure.
What is the cost to choose seats on Delta?
Delta is the oldest airline in the aviation industry and works in favor of travelers.
Furthermore, choosing a seat is not a complicated task for Delta Airlines. Thus, all of this can be done with ease and according to the availability of the seats.
Once the flyers know about the seat selection procedure, the next thing they ask is the fee that they need to pay for it. Delta has set up a minimal fee for it as they do not want to affect the budget of the passengers.
- Firstly, the charges vary according to the type of ticket one holds. It is calculated according to the ticket class and the final destination.
- Furthermore, the seat selection fee for the middle seat is the one with the lowest charges. Delta charges $15 for it.
- Moreover, paying the charges is compulsory after the 24-hour free window passes. Therefore, one should pay it within 24 hours of making the reservation.
- Those who pay it 7 days prior to the departure date need to pay $29 per seat.
Can you buy seats on Delta basic economy?
No, you can not select seats on your basic economy bookings with Delta. Even if you are ready to pay a seat selection fee for choosing your favorite seat on the basic economy fare of Delta Airlines, it is not available. However, if there are less than seven days in departure, you can probably choose a seat for a fee. The actual availability of this option is still ambiguous but trying will not cost you any bucks.
According to a Delta Spokeswoman, they rolled out this option around the end of the year 2018, where customers can pay for a basic economy seat selection seven days before departure with Delta. The seat selection fee on Delta Airlines’ basic economy seats also varies between $10 and $45 based on routes.
Will Delta seat me and my child together in Basic Economy?
Well, basic economy is for customers who do not mind where they sit on Delta flights. So, if you are with a child and wondering if you would be able to make a seat selection on Delta basic economy, that’s nearly impossible. You can choose a seat reservation at check-in, but that may or may not work,
So, it’s better to choose economy plus or higher cabin seats when flying with children. Remember to check the seat availability before checking in for the flights to see if any passengers have canceled and a previously occupied seat is available for you to choose from.
What if there is no Seat number on my Delta Boarding pass?
There are times when you will not be able to see a seat number on your boarding pass. But don’t worry if it happens. You get a Delta basic economy seat assigned at the gate before boarding. Besides, in basic economy you do not have to pay for the seats unless you choose them before check-in. So, you get a random seat assignment after you complete checking in for the flight.
The Delta Airlines seat selection is also generally unavailable for basic economy class passengers. So, if you want to know your seat number, wait until you get a boarding pass.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I select my seats on Delta?
- Go to Delta website.
- Log on to the My trip option.
- Click on the aircraft you wish to board.
- Under the Seat selection option, choose your preferred seats.
- Pick the seat and proceed with the payment option.
- Your preferred seat is now booked.