Delta Airlines Wheelchair Assistance – How do I fly with my Mobility Device on Delta?
Some passengers are differently abled or have any sort of injury, who can apply for a special service of the wheelchair while boarding in the cabin. Delta Airlines is one of the comprehensive flights that cater to all sorts of facilities for special cases. In case you are traveling with a person that has some leg injury or is differently abled, then you are offered a Delta Airlines wheelchair option.
Before boarding a flight you are assigned a personal delta official, who escorts you to the cabin on a wheelchair. This special service is only for people who are genuinely in need, and they have to apply for this option before boarding the flight.
How Much Fee Do I Need To Pay At Delta For a Wheelchair Service?
To be honest, there are no such fees in case you are taking a wheelchair assistance Delta. But there are some formalities that you need to fulfill before taking Delta Airlines wheelchair assistance. The formalities for a wheelchair service are given below:
- A dedicated mobility device handling form is needed to be filled for carrying a wheelchair or a scooter.
- Hardcopy the form and carry it in a plastic sheet or a laminated print for future and repeated use.
- Place the form on the wheelchair or the scooter and paste it on the back of the chair, while traveling.
- Just check your wheelchair or scooter at the gate or the ticket counter. As the customers elect for a wheelchair, only to roam within the airport.
- For the information, those who are searching for Delta wheelchair assistance costs. They should be happy to know that there is no fee for this.
The above personal wheelchair services might differ according to the terms and conditions or availability.
Any Tips I Can Get For Traveling On a Flight With a Wheelchair?
There are no such rules or tips for traveling on a flight with a wheelchair, but some people might be new to taking this service. So here are some tips for them, to take reference from while traveling with such conditions:
- Always talk to the airline or TSA care support before boarding a flight with a wheelchair. This will ease the hassle you face, during the time of traveling.
- Carry enough catheters while traveling so you do not get short of them. Always carry all the medical supplies needed.
- When you are a differently abled traveler, then always know your rights and compensation that you can get as a wheelchair traveler. This will help you to travel easily by saving your time during the trip.
- Customize your emergency repair kit for the wheelchair, as it might cut the hassle that you suffer due to the breaking of your wheelchair.
- Recline your chair to an extreme, so that it can fit in the cargo easily.
- Switch the brakes off, so that any assistance can easily escort you to the flight, by pushing the wheelchair.
- Ensure to turn off the control panel, so that your wheelchair turns to manual mode. This can help the escort to push you manually and control you to the flight cabin.
- To assure that the wheelchair is completely safe, just wrap the joystick tightly with bubble wrap. Pull the joystick control inwards.
- Kindly attach the manual to the wheelchair, this will convey the message to everyone. That you are a special passenger and need extra care while traveling.
Taking the above tips in your thoughts, before traveling with a wheelchair will assist you rightly. Or you can also call the wheelchair on Delta flight assistance number for further help.
How Do I Request a Wheelchair On Delta Airlines?
Requesting a wheelchair for a differently abled traveler is very easy on delta airlines. You just visit the official website or call on Delta airlines wheelchair assistance number i.e 1 (800) 221-1212. You can also follow the below-given steps for your reference:
- Open Delta airlines official website on your computer or any accessible device.
- At the top of the website, you will find the ‘My Trip’ option. Click on that option.
- Enter the last name and the booking information details on that page.
- After confirmation of the details, you will get your flight bookings with Delta airlines.
- To take wheelchair assistance on delta airlines, fill out a form at the special assistance option, under the wheelchair disability category.
- In the form, you need to fill in the necessary details and confirm the details by submitting the required documents.
- An email is done to you for the confirmation of your wheelchair assistance.
Follow the above references, or you can also visit the official website to fetch the Delta airlines wheelchair assistance number, for a detailed inquiry. Log on to the Delta official site to learn more about your flight bookings and wheelchair assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it allowed to take wheelchairs on Delta airlines?
What is the charge for taking Delta wheelchair assistance?
Do I need to schedule my wheelchair assistance on the Delta before boarding?
Is there any tip I can provide for a wheelchair attendant?
How can I take special or wheelchair assistance at the airport?
How to add a disability on my Delta flight?
How can I get wheelchair assistance once I reach the airport?
Where can a diable person sit in the airport?
Read more blog:
Delta flights to Atlanta
Delta Airlines Seat Selection
Lost and found Delta airlines
Delta Airlines Baggage Policy
Delta flights to Mexico city
Unaccompanied Minor Policy for Delta
Delta flights to Los Angeles
Delta Flights to Amsterdam
Vacation packages For Delta Airlines
Delta flights to London
Delta flights to Raleigh
Low fare calendar for Delta Airlines
Delta flights to Detroit
Delta flights to Boston
Military Discount Delta Airlines
Delta Airlines Pet Policy
Delta Airlines Group Travel
How to Upgrade Delta airlines first class
Delta Airlines Student Discounts
Delta ECredit Flight Booking
Book a Delta Flight For Christmas
Delta Flight Last-Minute Deals
Delta Flight Delay Compensation
Multi-City Flight on Delta Airlines
Delta Airlines missed flight policy
Delta flight cancellation
Name change Policy on Delta Airlines